my right ear is completed blocked by earwax, and i have muffled hearing. i tried rinsing my ear under the warm water for 10 minutes but it did not help. what should i do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Ear wax: See ENT. Have microscopic ear exam and cleaning. May need audiogram. May need treatment for ear canal inflammation/infection.
Answered on Sep 19, 2019
45 years experience Pediatrics
Dissolve it: There are many over the counter wax dissolving agents that can help soften & remove wax. They can be found in drug stores & drug sections of many centers. A dropper per ear left to settle for a while daily will help. If a week or so with this doesn't improve things see your doc for a clean out.
Answered on Sep 22, 2019