U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old female asked:

Am hiv positive and struggling to get a gp to do my cd4 count test, most gp do not accept new patients. the previous gp i went to is located in nelspruit and i relocated to bloemfontein can i get my test done at pharmacies and be given a new script?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
HIV care: Is the problem is finding a doctor or getting your GP to follow your CD4 count? I assume it isn't because you're requesting more frequent CD4 than normal. Maybe instead of GP, consider an HIV or infectious diseases specialty doctor or clinic. I would think these would be available in a city the size of Bloemfontein. Doing it through a pharmacy doesn't seem like a good approach. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 21, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.