U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Madison, WI
A 21-year-old female asked:

Vaginal burning with penetration for ~3 years have a normal pap, negative uti, yeast, trich, std but no other tests have been run. what should i ask to be ran next? probiotics didnt help.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Vulvodynia?: Genital pain in women, without obvious other abnormalities, is called vulvodynia. Need to be 100% certain there is no infection, and no hormonal abnormalties. You've had negative evaulation for some but perhaps not all possible infections that could contribute. Next step should be a gynecologist with special interest in vaginal infections, vulvodynia, and/or sexual health. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 5, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.