What lotion to use for my daughters as they get rash on the face any lotions i use

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Okamoto answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

It depends: It all depends on what type of rash they have. It can be difficult to determine what the best treatment is even when I evaluate a rash in person because some rashes look very similar. A good exam by an experienced Dr/dermatologist will help diagnose the cause of the rash, and then give the best treatment. It may be more expensive in the short term, but save money and time in the long term.

Answered 7/23/2019

154 views

Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Parch test them: You can do a simple test at home for any lotion/cosmetic you might consider for them. Place some of the lotion on the fabric of a simple bandaid and place that on an area of clear skin like the back of an arm/side/etc. Leave it on for hours or overnight if no early reaction. If no reaction in a day it is likely something they can use.

Answered 7/22/2019

154 views