i have hypothyroidism and take levothyroxine daily. my tsh has increased to 3.42 and i am gaining weight and tired a lot. should i increase dosage?

Dr. Daniela Torres
Specializes in Medicina General
See below: Hi, TSH and T4 in hypothyroidism should be measured every 3 months, so the hormone is well adjusted, however this has to be done by your endocrinologist so I recommend paying a visit and getting your dose adjusted by him/ her, in this visit you should tell her/him about your increased weight and any other signs or symptoms you’ve been having.
Answered on Jul 27, 2019