U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old female asked:

My son is 16. he suffered a concussion playing rugby on 13 april 2019. all sports were stopped at the time. he jogged yesterday (first exercise after the incident) and had a bad headache. is further rest ok of must i take him to a neurologist now?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 40 years experience
Immediate consult!: The post-traumatic headache your son has experienced should be evaluated by a neurologist as soon as possible & may require treatment. And make certain your son does not jog again or do any other exercise until he's evaluated by a neurologist. I hope for good health for your son!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 11, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.