im 40 years old and had my first mammogram. i was told i have a fibroadenoma and it has to be biopsied. i have no breast cancer in my family. also, is there any pain associated with it? should i be worried

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Just get biopsy: Most of these are benign but the only way to make sure is the biopsy. To answer your question about worrying, I suggest that you not get worried, but just get the biopsy. Please be aware that most women with breast cancer do not have it in their families and most breast cancers are not painful. That said, this is not likely cancer, but you need to follow the advice to get the biopsy.
Answered on Jul 9, 2019
1