Palm City, FL

21wf. ive been tired for the last 4weeks.(lots of stress). my blood work showed white blood cells 3.4, neutrophils 1414. everything else was normal.i was tested 6 months ago and wbc was 5.4 and neutrophils 3400. i am worried! can it be serious???

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Low WBC: Officially neutrophils < 1500 is neutropenia ,but 1414 should be enough to fight infection. What was your red blood cell count? abnormal , immature WBC? recent infection? medications? Would repeat it in 1 month. Are you perimenopausal that can cause fatigue. Also could check thyroid function and may consider a few basic autoimmune tests like ANA, CRP, ESR. f/u/ w/ MD, hem-onc