San Jose, CA

Chest pain seems to be causing anxiety which then makes it worse ekg and other tests said heart is fine my chest feels heavy/tight/ cramp feeling too?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Anxiety: I agree that the most likely cause of your chest distress, which seems to occur at rest rather than with exertion, seems to be anxiety. Nevertheless I find that having a maximal treadmill stress test, and passing it, gives the greatest peace of mind and reassured patients like you that there is no coronary artery disease as a cause of chest discomfort. I also assume you have no heart murmurs.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 23, 2019