ZA

removal of large fibroid. what are the options if hysterectomy recommended and quick recovery time is needed ?

Dr. Peter Liehr
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hysterectomy : The safest option is the method your surgeon is well experienced in. Vaginal, laparoscopic, and robotic hysterectomy all have about the same rapid recovery rate. If your uterus is very large and your surgeon comfortable, a robotic approach may have some advantages. Discuss with your GYN what surgery they are proposing.
Dr. Ralph Boling
Some radiologists: can block the blood supply to the fibroid, causing it shrink. Interventional Radiology are the ones that can do this procedure. Outpatient, very quick recovery.