San Jose, CA

keflex since 10:30 saturday night its now monday 11:30 pm how long will it take for the swelling inside of my check to go down from tooth abscess?

Dr. Philip Miller
Depends: Varies between 7-10 days, assuming that you are on the correct antibioticm dose of antibiotic, metabolsm and/or other underlying medical conditions.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Antibiotic: Antibiotic used to control swelling and spread of bacteria. May take 24-36 hours to "take hold." Antibiotic will not cure a Dental abscess, however, and root canal treatment or extraction is required. Talk over your long-term treatment plan with your Dentist, and continue taking antibiotic until all are gone.