ZA

what heart rate while sleeping is too low? i often measure in low 40s, one night dropping to 40. i have no other symptoms i'm aware of, although my wife sometimes think i have sleep apnea. little excersize and normal resting rate around 58

Dr. David Epstein
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Sleeping heart rate: your sleeping heart rate is not as concerning if you are not breathing. our bodies can beat very slowly sometimes especially if we are exerting little effort. However, a sleep study is the only way to confirm the amount of episodes you have nightly which is known as Sleep Apnea. This is a serious condition that can be evaluated properly by a pulmonologist.