San Antonio, TX

My calcium level was 10.3. doesnt that scream pararthyroid issue? pcp not concerned in the slightest. feel fine otherwise. what gives?

Dr. Richard Romano
Mild raised calcium : At this minimally raised calcium without bone pain, constipation, psychosis, I would repeat the test within 4-6 weeks.
Pathology 50 years experience
See below: You result is with in the measurement error for the assay. It may be your normal. It would be useful to repeat the test periodically. Visit this site for info: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003477.htm
Dr. Richard Zimon
First and most : COMMON reason for this mild elevation in Calcium is DIETARY! How much milk/dairy food do you consume?? A repeat study after you have avoided high calcium intake is the next "step"! Hope this is helpful! Dr Z

Last updated Jan 7, 2019