I got a blood test done and my total protein level was 8.8. five years ago it was 8.4. i am 26 and feel fine, should i be concerned? my albumin is 5.4 and calcium 10.8. my albumin and calcium were also high 5 years ago. no other symptoms?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need more info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your may have been dehydrated when blood was collected. Calcium is appropriate for albumin level. Next time drink a few glasses of water 2 hours before blood draw. Wish you good health!

Last updated Sep 13, 2020