ZA

i have persistent cough for 2 years and spit up clear bubbly phlegm. if i lie down i choke and gasp for air until i sit up and cough & catch my breath?

Pathology 49 years experience
See doctor: Any cough lasting more than 2 weeks needs evaluation. Two years is too long to wait. You ought to see a doctor, preferably a pulmonoligst, for examination. If is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you and may be conducting imaging and laboratory studies. To be blunt, tuberculosis needs to be excluded.
Dr. Nick Debnath
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Laryngospasm: Sounds like laryngospasm from decreased sensation of the larynx from chronic acid reflux. See an ENT.