Parkersburg, WV

Heart disease in family mine is healthy take a daily low aspirin heard it was bad if my heart is healthy is that true should i not take it. tyvm?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Prevention: A large recent study found no advantage in taking aspirin in people with no risk factors. There is also a chance of bleeding with taking aspirin. However, I'm not stopping taking a daily aspirin in case I have silent coronary artery disease. Also I like it as an anti-inflammatory and it may protect against colon cancer. In the end,you have to make your own decision.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 19, 2018