got my 2nd tb test 3 days ago. the doctor said my result was negative, but theres still a small bump. just scratched it since its itchy & its now red?

Doctor can recheck: A PPD test is where one needle injects a tiny amount of material under the skin. It is used to look for exposure to TB. The bump is measured, but mere redness is not measured unless it is raised above the normal skin surface. A bump is positive if 5, 10, or 15mm depending on the patient's circumstances. If positive or if worried, a blood test is done. Hydrocortisone cream may help soothe the spot.