i have itchy red bumps on lower lip that kinda burns in a way. they came from nowhere and i also had a huge bump on my upper lip a month ago that made it look swollen and included small painful bumps inside mouth. no insurance so can't see a doctor right

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Herpes Labialis?: Your symptoms could be due to herpes labialis. It is difficult to confirm without seeing the lesions and possibly obtaining a herpes culture. Herpes labialis is caused by HSV type 1, and outbreaks are usually due to physical or emotional stress, or excessive sun UV exposure. You can try Abreva, which is over the counter, but expensive.
Answered on Nov 2, 2016
1