A member asked:

I am experiencing knee pain and knee deformity. the following also describe me: knee swelling, knee weakness, and knee pop. what should i do?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Alvin Wells answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

In the absence of a specific injury, knee pain, popping, or deformity may suggest an underlying structural or inflammatory cause. If you have pain in other joints especially the small joints of the hands/feet this may indicate an inflammatory arthritis. I recommend trying an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory for 3-5 days. I also recommend quadriceps strengthening exercises. See PCP if needed.

Answered Jan 5, 2019



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor