ZA

i have a suspected soft tissue injury (xray state the knee isnt broken) that i was told at casualties to rest and if the pain persisted for longer than 72hrs to see my gp. what can my gp do? the pain isn't getting any better and i can not walk

Dr. Donald Colantino
Knee injury: Consult an orthopedic specialist for diagnosis and treatment because of persistent pain and inability to walk without severe symptoms. Any appropriate further testing will be done. In the meantime elevate the leg, apply cold applications and, if you can take them, anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or naproxen may help.
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Knee injury: Your GP can re-examine you and assess whether continued rest vs referral to an orthopedist or physical therapist is the next appropriate step. You may need a statement of disability for work, etc. and Assessment for return to work that your GP can complete but is not appropriate for the ER physician.