U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Los Angeles, California
A 50-year-old male asked:

What are some options to orthotics for heel pain? they don't help. neither do inserts. do i want cushy or firm? pain high even w/stretch/ice/nsaids.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Just a thought: Heel pain and a male your age may be due to a systemic disorder which should be ruled out! Ask your PCP about REITER'S SYNDROME (ARTHRITIS) Hope this is helpful BTW Orthotics should be PRESCRIBED by a foot specialist (PODIATRIST) Dr Z

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 14, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.