hey doctor, so i have a cold soar on my lip and did not know it. i had sex with my girlfriend and gave her oral. my question is can i give her herpes?

32 years experience Pediatrics
If she had no Herpes: Herpes 1 and 2 are viruses. In order to catch herpes, a person must not already have that type of herpes (1 or 2), and must get in contact with viruses. If she already has Herpes 1 lip sores from time to time, that person has her own Herpes 1 and won't catch Herpes 1 from another person again (you catch it one time, and your outbreaks are due to Herpes 1 living inside you). Same idea for Herpes 2.
Answered on Apr 8, 2018