FL

office d&c 12/17 path nrml u/s last week lining 5 mm all looked good have adenomyosis via u/s period light lasting 20 days how likely cancer ?

Dr. John Berryman
D&C; adenomyosis: A "D&C" does not remove all of the lining (endometrium) of the uterus, but the reasons for doing a D&C include having a thickened lining of the uterus, and/or prolonged bleeding without ovulation, coming from the thickened uterine lining. It is therefore not uncommon for light bleeding to come from residual endometrium. If the pathology report is benign, the chance of current cancer is minimal.