A member asked:

A board fell on my head , i have continual pain in my neck and my arms,, i was given t4's to start then went up to morphine.. i got addicted to the morphine so my doctor put me on 24mg suboxone to get off opiates, the pain is back what can i take?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Vaughn Dobalian answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Proper pain control: Tylenol and meloxican non narcotic and been shown to give equal pain relief to oxycodone with no addiction potential and can be taken on suboxone

Answered 3/21/2018


Dr. Matthew Kellems answered

Specializes in Anesthesiology

Multiple options: The problem with opioids like morphine is that over time it's stops working and actually makes pain worse. Suboxone helps with pain, and in addition you could take Tylenol and/or ibuprofen or aleve. Physical therapy can help as well. You should see a specialist to help determine why you're still having pain. Sometimes, unfortunately, chronic pain can't be eliminated completely.

Answered 3/27/2018



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor