A board fell on my head , i have continual pain in my neck and my arms,, i was given t4's to start then went up to morphine.. i got addicted to the morphine so my doctor put me on 24mg suboxone to get off opiates, the pain is back what can i take?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Vaughn Dobalian answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Proper pain control: Tylenol and meloxican non narcotic and been shown to give equal pain relief to oxycodone with no addiction potential and can be taken on suboxone

Answered 3/21/2018

360 views

Dr. Matthew Kellems answered

Specializes in Anesthesiology

Multiple options: The problem with opioids like morphine is that over time it's stops working and actually makes pain worse. Suboxone helps with pain, and in addition you could take Tylenol and/or ibuprofen or aleve. Physical therapy can help as well. You should see a specialist to help determine why you're still having pain. Sometimes, unfortunately, chronic pain can't be eliminated completely.

Answered 3/27/2018

360 views