U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I have a ringworm problem hello, i've had ringworms on my body since may 2011. i had to on my arm but they both wnent away. then a few months ago i got it on my neck, and the one on my arm came back. now im getting them on my face. i went to the doctors a

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
Hello, : Hello, since your rash has been recalcitrant, i thought i would ask if you doctor has done a scraping of the lesion to look at under the microscope or if he sent a sample of it to the lab for testing. Is the doctor who has treated you a general physician or a dermatologist? Have you been to the dominican republic or other areas outside of the us since the period just prior to developing the rash? When you treated the rash with a cream, did you apply it for a least a couple of weeks? Did you extend the cream an inch beyond the visible rash? Have you cleaned your bed linens, the clothes you have worn and your towels in hot water in a washing machine? One of these things might be a clue. However, if you are a world traveler, especially to tropical areas there is a possibility that this could be a parasite, possibly one that we don't commonly see in this country.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.