United Kingdom
A 51-year-old male asked about a 78-year-old female:

I have meniges spine cancer, that in 9 months has not spread ,my bowel function is ok ,had my catheter removed at hospital bladder has not as yet returned to.normal in a week am using bed pans due to legs,how will i cope if permernant ?.colostomy?

Dr. James Lin
Here are some....: I hate to hear but admire your coping ability to handle all what you have gone through especially for one at 78; I respect you. For your current care, I advise: keep up good nutrition and physical exercise and good hygiene even on the bed so to avoid bedsore; consider urinary diversion with suprapubic cystostomy with good care so to avoid urinary soiling, and possible colostomy if defecation....
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
It is nice of you to tell Healthtap and its doctor that "“This was very helpful. Thanks! Dear Dr.Lin i am so grateful for your empathy and your genenerosity to share your professional knowledge is very inspiring and helpful to me. Thank you for your time ,best wishes from England in UK.” Yet, I encourage you to contact me if you may have further questions regarding various aspects of ongoing life.
Feb 28, 2018

Last updated May 28, 2018