Arlington, VA
A male asked:

Someone hugging me accidentally bumped my head. could i be at risk for brain bleeding? i did not lose consciousness; i have a pretty bad headache.

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Head bump: Brain bleed or concussion is far down on the list of possibilities but please do see your doctor if you have a headache. He/she will diagnose and give you peace of mind. Sorry you got the bump but glad it was by hugging. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Charles Rocamboli
No, unless you are on a blood thinner and it continues to get worse. Also the headache would be in the back of the neck and not where you hit it.
Feb 10, 2018
Last updated Feb 27, 2018