U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Oakland, MI
A 19-year-old male asked:

Hit head getting out of car last night. i hit the back/top kinda hard. tender to touch and some headache. should i go to doctor? brain bleeding?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
You must have hit: your head pretty hard Jonathan if it still hurts. Brain bleeding is unlikely (as is pregnancy which you list next to your gender (male). Sometimes people injury their neck, scalp and the tissues between the skull and scalp. If you have dizziness, change in sleep, attention, speech, vision or other neurological symptom. by all means go get checked out.
Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Monitor: It's could be just a bruise. Put a nice pack on the area. Need to see a doc if u loss concieousness with that. If not go to ER if headache getting worce.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 36 years experience
Head trauma: Unlike that you suffered a concussion or brain bleeding. If you develop a headache that doesn't resolve with acetaminophen or ibuprofen or if dizziness or nausea develops then see a doctor.
Last updated Nov 2, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.