ZA

Is there a specific order for babies teeth to come in? i have seen charts indicating this but my little ones teeth seem to be appearing differently. she has two at the bottom but 5 going on 6 at the top. shes 11months

Not particularly: Given that we study everything you will find charts & average emergence patterns but that stresses "average". Dental eruption timing and sequence (location) is variable in infants. I'm just happy that I see them eventually. One/mo starting at 4-6m is the average.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Primary Teeth: Primary (and secondary) teeth will have a general pattern of eruption, but this is not set in stone. The charts will show an average, but sometimes nature takes a different course all of which is perfectly normal. Have her pediatrician take a look. If you continue to have concerns take her to a pediatric dentist for a more detailed examination.
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Neonatology 37 years experience
Varies: Everyone is unique, but usually front teeth- incisors, come first, molars later, but it varies by person, no 2 people are exactly the same...
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Eruption pattern: Not unusual. Children do not read the same growth and development textbooks that Dentists read. What you are describing is not unusual. Important that your child have her 1st Dental Examination no later than her 1st b'day. Recommend that she see a Pedodontist, a children's dental specialist (for all the same reasons she sees a Pediatrician instead of a GP), a dental developmental expert.
Last updated Jan 11, 2018