U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing heart palpitations (worsened by: psychological stress) . the following also describe me: feeling anxious and irregular heartbeat. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Zagar
Adolescent Medicine 50 years experience
Panic attacks: You are likely having panic attacks. Please see a psychologist who uses actuarial personality testing. The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory Second Edition computerized test report will compare you with thousands and give a sensitive specific or accurate precise diagnosis of your challenge so it can be treated with medication and cognitive behavior therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.