U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing feeling anxious (worsened by: psychological stress) , rapid heart rate (worsened by: psychological stress) , shaking hands or tremor, difficulty concentrating, agitation (severity: moderate) , loss of temper, emotional problems (quality

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
First, see a doc!: Before any mental health diagnosis can be made, we must be sure that there is no physical cause. Be sure to see your regular doctor to be sure you don't have a thyroid problem, or a heart problem, or something else causing your symptoms. When all physical problems have been addressed, or you are found to have none, and if you still have symptoms, then you can see a mental health professional
Last updated Jul 3, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.