U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

Hi. i believe i have a collapsed nostril. do i first have to meet with a gp to get a referral to a otolaryngologist or can i just go straight to the specialist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 35 years experience
It depends: on the details of your insurance plan. Check their website or call customer service to find out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 8, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.