Hi doc. For the past two months I have been experiencing intense vaginal itching and irritation. This was recently followed by vulva redness and swelling which would come and go with slight skin fissuring which I believe was as a result of my constant scr

Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Evaluation: Yeast is the most common cause of vulvar itching. This would be treated with over the counter topical yeast cream. If not responding then an Obgyn evaluation is needed to investigate other causes such as lichen sclerosis. contact dermatitis and lichen simplex chronicus
Answered on Jan 6, 2018