U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Estados Unidos
A 18-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing abnormal vaginal discharge (quality: itchiness) , vaginal itching, vaginal irritation and vaginal odor. the following also describes me: skin redness or irritation. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Vaginal discharge: The description may fit a diagnosis of yeast infection, which also b/c of the discharge may involve the skin near the vaginal canal. Check with your healthcare provider about using a proprietary medication for yeast ( like Monistat 7) . If no relief, an exam and culture may be necessary.
Last updated May 7, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.