U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing vaginal burning and vaginal itching. the following also describes me: skin redness or irritation. what should i do?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Urogynecology 30 years experience
OTC meds or Dr visit: If this just started, you could try OTC meds for vaginal irritation. If those don't work, you should see your doctor to get tested for an infection like yeast or bacterial vaginosis. Avoiding perfumey soaps, body wash, bubble bath and wearing loose fitting, cotton underwear can help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 40 years experience
Great answer! Also, in the last couple of years, I have seen some severe dermatitis due to generic feminine hygiene products: esp. pads or panty liners.
Jun 6, 2017
Last updated Jun 6, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.