U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 17-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing vaginal odor and abnormal vaginal discharge (quality: cheesy discharge) . the following also describe me: vaginal itching and skin redness or irritation. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Vaginal discharge: What you describe can be a vaginal yeast infection. First try over the counter yeast remedies (ask your pharmacist to recommend one) and if that does not work in a few days, see a gyn provider for an exam and treatment. It may be another kind of vaginal infection, but yeast (fungus) is the most common.
Last updated Nov 17, 2017

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.