United Kingdom

i started suffering from red blood on my stool coupled with pinkish urine. i drink alcohol but dont smoke and have a previous history of breast and colon cancer in both of my grandparents. i also have ehlers danlos syndrome but dont suffer with it.

Dr. John Berryman
Blood/fecal: Difficult without more history, but blood externally on stool is usually due to small tears in the lining of the colon/rectum and is common with constipation. Breast and colon cancers usually do not produce external blood on the stool, but it would be wise to get a colonoscopy or a FIT test to ease concern. Pinkish urine can come with a urinary tract infection, but not from breast/colon disease.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Reasons for MD exam: You have multiple reasons for getting a full exam by a MD to assess the source of the bleeding and determine whether cancer is or is not a part of the reason.

Last updated Nov 21, 2018