My sgpt 69 and my sgot 220...i take alcohol and smoke heavily... does the results mean i have liver problems... how to decrease my sgpt and sgot level?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, alcohol is the cause of bad lab results. Alcohol and tobacco are bad individually and they are more than twice as bad together. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Answered Nov 20, 2017

473 views