U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 20-year-old female asked:

How can someone who had secondary amenorrhea for three years get their period back?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
GYN MD "jumpstart": Your GYN MD needs to look "under the hood" and determine the cause of the "engine's" failure to start" Once determined, he/she can "hook up the battery cables" by giving progesterone (Provera) Rx to "jumpstart" the period. If that fails then additional diagnostics may need to be done to get the vehicle "up and running" again.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 11, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.