A member asked:

I am extremely overweight. (nearly 300 pounds.) i am a 6' tall, 34 year old man. i tried to get into a medical weight loss program with kaiser but an out of country trip disqualified me. how can i get a medically approved plan to lose weight safely? m

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Louise Andrew answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Call your insurer: Certainly ANY program might improve your health so the insurer has reason to help you. Good luck!

Answered 11/2/2017

499 views

Thank

Start over. : Your best bet would be to start over with a new weight-loss surgery program. I understand that heading into the surgery, there’s a several month journey of weight loss and monthly visits and weigh-ins and stuff. It gets very tedious. But your best bet I believe start over with a new program.

Answered 11/4/2017

498 views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more