i am a male in my 50's non smoker good blood pressure with a bmi of 22 i used an online body fat calculator i appear to have 32% body fat, what does this mean in terms of health and lifestyle?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience Gastroenterology
Not much...: I would question the accuracy of the "calculator" and suggest, if you're concerned, you get a direct physical assessment of body composition.
Answered on Oct 27, 2017
1
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Based on : The profile you gave. Seems to have healthy body habit-us You can not use a formula to calculate your fat component accurately . Their machines that measure fat estimate fat component thru scan
Answered on Nov 8, 2017
1