I heard a murmur with my ear on my 3 yr old son's chest. i told his dr at his 3 year well child check. we just had his echo. he has mild regurgitati?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Bucci answered

Specializes in

Murmur: this frequently happens in young children as some of the cardiac changes of birth take time to complete. The echo was done to make sure there was no urgent need for intervention. It is expected that as your child gets older the murmur will go away.

Answered 11/28/2017

520 views

Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran answered

Specializes in

I assume the echo was ordered by a general physician. If this is the case please have a pediatric cardiologist examine your son, review the echo discuss the problem IF ANY fully. It is likely that your son has NO significant problem. This determination should be made by a pediatric cardiologist after examination and review of the echo. It is important to be reassured by a specialist with knowledge

Answered 4/13/2021

0 views