U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old male asked:

I have vitiligo on my face but very small area. bigger one are on my axillas. i have used protopic for these area. they were't cured.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
You should have...: ...Some blood tests drawn to rule out any internal causes. Once that's done, look for a dermatologist with a uv light laser which is approved for vitiligo. Vitiligo is very difficult to treat in any case; there may not be an effective treatment for you. If not, special makeups such as covermark and dermablend are quite effective in concealing it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.