Kings Mountain, NC

Hi ive had a headache on the right side of my head for a week now, over the counter pain meds dont help last night i started getting a pain in my ear ?

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
TMJ vs ext. otitis: You could be suffering from temporomandibular joint pain or external otitis. Grab the ear and wiggle it. If it hurts, you are developing external otitis and need to see an ent doctor to clean out the ear and get drops and /or a wick to clear up the infection. If it is the joint, try putting your fingers into your ears and open and close the jaw to see if there is pain or a click. Wife may help
Dr. Robert Stachler
Provided original answer
warm and cold compresses seem to work better than the wife. sorry about the typo
Oct 2, 2017

Last updated Dec 30, 2019