Canada

My daughter had 2 cavities my regular dentist was going to fill them but went on holidays so went to another dentist he did fissure sealants my regular dentist said these teeth should have been filled. please what should i do thanks?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
Relax: Professionals are given a wide margin when it comes to restoring teeth. Many times there is no right or wrong answer. The sealants are a more conservative way to go, and will last about three years give or take. Your regular dentist can monitor them during her exams and place restorations when the time is right. No need to panic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Opinion difference: Ask a dozen Dentists a question and you will get 3 dozen different answers. Sealants have been used successfully to limit very small (incipient) cavities from progressing. There comes a point, however, that the decay has invaded to the point that it has to be excavated and the area filled. Knowing nothing about your daughter or the extent of her problem it's impossible to say.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 56 years experience
Trust: Whether a tooth should have a dental sealant or a filling placed is not always clear cut. Some dentists are more conservative than others. Often we actually don't even know for sure what's best until we start to clean out fissure or pit in preparation for dental sealant. Bottom line is that it is often a judgement call. Personally I would go with the advice of the dentist you trust more.
Last updated Sep 17, 2017