Why can't bend the top of my thumb without bending the index, middle and ring finger in my left hand?

Dr.
Deep flexors: Run in groups of 2-3 so that's why some people will slightly flex the other 2 fingers when you try to bend the thumb. If it's quite exaggerated, or didn't used to be a problem it may need a doctor examination to sort out whether there is an abnormal tendon,
Dr. Ayaz Samadani
General Practice 57 years experience
Inflammation, nerve or joint problems trigger this
Aug 30, 2017
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Muscle function: I guess this is just one of the things you have to accept in life given that this is not really a health issue.

Last updated Aug 31, 2017