United Kingdom

On holiday a couple months ago was advised to take 3 capsules of 25mg activated charcoal for mild stomach upset diarrhea could this have aggrevated my gerd have had alot of burping since and acid vapour at night.doing all the usual for gerd ideas?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Unlikely: If you have not taken any more activated charcoal, it should long have left your system. I suspect that your reflux may be getting worse and you may need to take something to reduce your stomach acid. Talk to your doctor. Charcoal would not do it.

Last updated Aug 29, 2017