I need physical therapy for my hand and knees. My doctor had to send P.T. scripts for both my hand and knees to the PT clinic. What are PT scripts? Are they treatment plans (length of the treatment [number of weeks], how many times a week)?

Dr. Frank Holmes
22 years experience in Sports Medicine
Prescription : These are physical therapy prescriptions. They direct a patient to physical therapy, listing the diagnosis, recommended therapeutic treatments (stretching, strengthening, modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound), the suggested number of treatments per week and duration of treatment; i.e. 2 times/week for 4 weeks. With some plans, the prescriptions are required for insurance to cover the visits.
Answered on Oct 2, 2017
1