Denison, TX

I fell this morning, landing directly on my right knee on concrete. have "road rash", bruising and swelling, as well as a distinct feeling of liquid around the kneecap, which is my main concern. can flex and walk on it. safe to treat at home?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Knee injury: The concern here would be a fracture of your patella(knee cap) in view of the type of trauma and the presence of knee swelling. We know that at the very least a contusion of the patella occurred. If pain and swelling are pronounced, get examined and an xray. In the meantime apply cold and elevate your leg.
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Knee injury: if can move it and no pain would ice elevate try nsaid if not allergic f/u/ w/ doc

Last updated Oct 23, 2017