What is wrong with my knee? i fell on my knee a week and a half ago. it was difficult to walk. there is a deep cut, bruising, and swelling that has gone down since the fall. a week later i can walk, but it still hurts when i bend my knee completely. it

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Did : Did you have the penetrating wound to your knee address to see if it got to the joint? Where any x-rays taken? You don't give enough information for a clear answer.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Kneecap joint.: You may have bruised the kneecap joint, which can take 6-8 weeks to clear up. You should see a non-surgical sports medicine specialist, who can make an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016